- GMEI CBO targets to plant over 1million tree seedlings by
December 2022 through its Mua Local Climate Action Model
- So far, 400,500 tree seedlings have been issued and planted.
- A monitoring and Evaluation exercise carried out in March 2020
showed an 83% survival rate of the planted seedlings.
- A permanent commercial nursery has been set up in the CBOs
Climate Change Training Center in Ikumbini Village
- The CBO has already organized training in nursery management
for 20 women groups, 15 self-help groups and one youth group.
The youth group has already started their nursery.
- Community sensitization is on-going so that they can grow the
- GMEI is encouraging the growing of tree that will contribute to
the improvement of soil fertility like Glicidia and Moringa which
are already in the CBO’s tree nursery
- GMEI has identified the tree species that do well in the region